Break out the soap box…

Home Forum Primary Discussion Forums Break out the soap box…

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by MrAnderson MrAnderson 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Grant W
    Grant W
    Keymaster

Well it has been a while since I posted anything, and I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I don’t like to spout bullshit… I don’t like to follow, and I sure as hell don’t want to act like my ideas are any better then any of yall’s. I guess what I’m trying to say is… “I don’t understand”. I don’t understand how we got to where we are. I think for the most part, as for the general population, we have totally forgot the face of our fathers. what we have become has nothing to do with the people that brought us to life, and paved the way for life as we know it… Yes I understand its what most would call an “evolution”… or is it? We are pretty lucky to have a group of like minded individuals that we can express our concerns and ideas with. (For those of you who don’t know, that’s what people use to do at a local tavern, grange hall, co-op, or dairy queen. It sure isn’t new. just forgotten.) The thing that you are reading this on (computer, tablet, smart phone etc.) has made the world smaller…. Then why are people growing farther apart?
    I also don’t understand why people have, for the lack of a better term, “lost there shit”. Yes I understand that we are now a “kinder more gentle population”, where we rank feelings over liberties, and I can come to terms with that… or can I? I still have belief that people at there core are good. I just don’t think that they know the difference. “Us” has turned to “Me”. if they don’t like what’s going on, its wrong. The believe in “free speech”… if its there words… if its your words, then they will fall back on the “right to peaceful protest” even if they are not peaceful. There seems to be a contradiction in the thought process. but not in mine. I have always believed in a different set of standards for myself, and for others. I don’t hold others to my belief system and thought process. First of all, I can’t even live up to my standards (even though I strive daily). Second, who the hell am I to govern any one else. And lastly, what’s to say I’m right?
    I believe in my beliefs (pretty sad that I actually have to say that, but look at what were seeing on TV. do you think the people that are “debating” on every damn channel actually “believe” what they are regurgitating to us?) My belief systems and standards would be half cocked to some, and to others it would have a fair amount of truth in it. I have the ability to see both sides of the fence, I don’t have blinders on, and I can listen to a contradictory opinion without going on the defense and claiming that the other side is trying to “convert me” and “change my mind”. I’m not stupid, but I am stubborn. I don’t waffle, but I am sympathetic. I am black and white, but I respect the worlds grey. A lot of you don’t know me, but I am just about a weird as I seem 🙂 and maybe my ideas are a little half cocked. I have preformed wedding (yes by the power vested in me by the information-les highway and the state of Idaho, I am an ordained reverend.) Yes I have a belief God, and I also have the ability to listen to other peoples beliefs and be ok with it. (I’ve recently adopted a little idea called “the way of the dog”, its pretty easy, it goes like this… When you wake up stretch first, say hello to those that matter, be happy when loved ones return home, play as much as possible, get your pets and scratches where you can, eat like you mean it, explore often, and go to sleep tired. ;))
    Ok so what am I getting at here? Its pretty simple actually, I feel that we need to step up and be teachers in all that we do. I, like most of you, have been forced to watch these political debates. and to tell you the truth I am very disappointed in what I’m seeing… and I’m not even talking about the politicians. The American general public has gone bat shit crazy, look at all of the protestors on both sides. I don’t understand. if you don’t agree with someone else’s beliefs, don’t go. people want to claim that its there right to free speech, but they refuse to look at the fact that when they express there’s, there taking away someone else’s. And I would love to point my little, grubby, all knowing finger at one side or the other… But I cant. the truth is that we all look bad. we have one sided people taking stands on issues that they have no real point of reference on… And if you have no grounds to stand on, the best thing you can do is get in front of a television camera and spout your uninformed opinions to the whole world right? Pick your browser of choice and look the news ticker, or “top stories” section, I’m guessing that it probably is filled with something about the Kardashians, something about gun violence, and a story about political activism (I will go out on a limb and even call in constitutional terrorism. I mean what would you call it when people gather in secret and plot a way to overthrow someone’s freedoms and rights?) That is what the rest of the world see’s too. They don’t see the fact that some of us, would give the shirts off of our backs for each other. They don’t see the sun rising over Nelson peak as a cutthroat rises to engulf a royal wulff on a 4 weight fly rod. They also don’t see that “most” gun owners will never fire a round in defense. They think that “WE” Americans all carry guns and kill each other daily, everyone is rich, and pompous. we care for nothing but ourselves, and money. so here is what I ask of you. please teach someone something everyday. I am Blessed to have a son, in that I’m under a constant microscope. even without saying anything, my son is learning from what I do, what I am. A wise friend of mine often says “a man should be judged on his worst day, not his best.” its pretty simple, be prepared for everything by being on point always. if you mention prepping, preface it with something more insightful them zombie apocalypse. explain that taking care of your family is job one. shelter, water, fire, food. and explain how fun it is, and how it brings people together to learn. if you mention foraging, make sure that you talk about how it gives us something that ties us back to our forefathers, and its delicious. Plus its more time in the woods with those we care about. then it gets difficult: Gun control… wait cant we just talk about religion, or abortion or something easy? but seriously, gun control seems to be the hot button in America. My son believes that every man carries a gun everyday, to him that is standard practice for “grown ups”. and I’m sure that as he grows he will probably do the same thing. wake up, shower, put on clean drawers, get dressed, grab the wallet, your edc of choice, your pocket knife/multi-tool and truck keys and go off to conquer the world. most 4 1/2 year olds don’t think that way I’m willing to bet. he was raised around firearms, and conscious adults that take responsibility for the lives of there family’s. he doesn’t see firearms or knives as evil. what makes him different?
    So I guess what I’m asking is for all of us to go out into the world everyday, accepting the fact that we are placed under the magnifying glass. go out informed about what you believe. if you want to put a Gadsden flag sticker on your truck, or patch on your jacket, go for it, but know what it means and what it stands for. know that your going to be asked what it means. For some people they may not have ever seen it. In that carry yourself in a way that expresses “we the people”, every time some idiot, shoots up a movie theater or drives through Spokane taking pot-shots at parked cars, or goes to a political rally and disrupts someone’s freedoms, it gives us all a black eye. we have to rise together and exemplify what we believe in. be of your works, not just your words. you never know who may be watching, and treat each day as an opportunity to show not just our community, but the world, that we “freemen” are conscious, intelligent, law abiding citizens. we take out rights, and liberties very seriously. we walk out into a world of uncertainty, certain that we stand for the greater good for our fellow man. this position, that we have chosen, is bigger then politics, or gun control. Its freedom.

MrAnderson
    MrAnderson
    Keymaster

Man that was awesome stuff Grant. I’m humbled by your insight and the depth of meaning you try to bring to everyday acts. My hats off to you brother.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.